Welcome to the home of Sacred Chants Kirtan– centered in Howard County Maryland USA.
We’ve been holding kirtans with meditation in the Baltimore-Washington area for 14 years – chanting mantras, singing devotional songs, awakening the bhakti, the bhav flowing – we invite you to join us!
Kirtan is call and response devotional chanting to the divinity and perfection within us all. By helping to open our hearts, it facilitates bringing us closer to each other and to the source of all that is.
“Chanting is a significant and mysterious practice. It is the highest nectar, a tonic that fully nourishes our inner being. Chanting opens the heart and makes love flow within us. It releases such intoxicating inner bliss and enthusiastic splendor, that simply through the nectar it generates, we can enter the abode of the Self.”
– Swami Muktananda
When we think, speak or sing it creates patterns of energy in the Akasha. If these vibrations are constantly reinforced through repetition they will eventually take on a material form.
(In Hinduism Akasha means the basis and essence of all things in the material world; the smallest material element created from the astral world. It is one of the Panchamahabhuta, or “five great elements”; its main characteristic is Shabda (sound). In Hindi and Gujarati, the meaning of Akasha is sky.)
Upcoming Kirtans (click schedule tab for full details)
- Tuesday June 2 at Owen Brown Interfaith Center Columbia MD (Heffer’s Yoga Class) 7 pm
- Friday June 5 at the Shakti Palace Columbia MD 7:30pm
- Saturday June 20 at the Yoga Center of Columbia 7:30 pm
- July – August – Off – Happy Summer!
- Tuesday September 1 at Owen Brown Interfaith Center Columbia MD (Heffer’s Yoga Class) 7 pm
- Friday September 4 at the Shakti Palace Columbia MD 7:30pm
- Saturday September 19 at the Yoga Center of Columbia 7:30 pm