Welcome to the home of Sacred Chants Kirtan– centered in Howard County Maryland USA.
We’ve been holding kirtans with meditation in the Baltimore-Washington area for 14 years – chanting mantras, singing devotional songs, awakening the bhakti, the bhav flowing – we invite you to join us!
Kirtan is call and response devotional chanting to the divinity and perfection within us all. By helping to open our hearts, it facilitates bringing us closer to each other and to the source of all that is.
“Chanting is a significant and mysterious practice. It is the highest nectar, a tonic that fully nourishes our inner being. Chanting opens the heart and makes love flow within us. It releases such intoxicating inner bliss and enthusiastic splendor, that simply through the nectar it generates, we can enter the abode of the Self.”
- Swami Muktananda
Upcoming Kirtans (click schedule tab for full details)
- Tuesday September 2 at Owen Brown Interfaith Center Columbia MD (Heffer’s Yoga Class) 7 pm
- Friday September 5 at the Shakti Palace Columbia MD 7:30pm
- Friday October 3 at the Shakti Palace Columbia MD 7:30pm
- Tuesday October 7 at Owen Brown Interfaith Center Columbia MD (Heffer’s Yoga Class) 7 pm
- Saturday October 18 at the Yoga Center of Columbia 7:30 pm